Layered Egg Noodle Bake18 Reviews
“An easy to assemble dinner idea. Serves a large family well, or use at your next potluck function.” - by Donna
Original recipe yields 8 to 10 servings
- In a large pot with boiling salted water cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat oil. Add sliced mushrooms, green bell pepper, onion, and saute for 5 minutes. Stir in ground beef and brown; drain excess grease. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, Italian seasoning, dried oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, ground black pepper and sugar. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, finely chopped green onion, and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- To assemble, in a greased 2 quart casserole dish layer egg noodles. Spread tomato mixture over noodles, followed by the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining grated Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree F(165 degree C) oven for 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 524 cal
- 30.9 g
- 42.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"This was delicious! The only ingredient adjusting I did was, instead of using beef I used three GardenBurger Flame Grilled Patties (My husband & I are vegetarian). The directions forgot to tell you to..." See more add the garlic, so I added it when I went to simmer everything. I layered it like I would lasagna. Noodles, sauce, cheese. Noodles, sauce, cheese. I will definitely make this again!"
"I sometimes omit ingredients I don't have on-hand, like green onion, and it still turns out well. I mix shredded cheddar in with the cream cheese mixture, and also layer some on top - yum!..." See more"
"Overall, this is a good dish. I did not feel that it was saucy enough so I added a can of tomato sauce in addition to the crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. The sauce by itself would make great spaghe..." See moretti sauce. I would recommend not to over cook the noodles. They do the best if slightly undercooked. "
Swiss Cheese Noodle Bake
Beef and Noodle Bake
Just swipe to see more like this.