Veggie Spaghetti9 Reviews
“Both kids and adults like this one. You probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry already...and if you don't have cream, use 2 cups of milk. A great dish to freeze and serve at a later time. If you like a spicier tomato sauce, feel free to add your own Italian spices: garlic, basil, oregano, green pepper, etc ...” - by Nancy R
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In a large skillet melt 1/2 cup margarine over medium heat. Stir in onion, chopped tomatoes, and salt; simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot with boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente. Drain. Place cooked spaghetti in the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a small saucepan melt 3 tablespoons of margarine over medium heat. Take off heat and quickly stir in 3 tablespoons of flour to make a paste. Return to heat and slowly stir in the milk. Cook on low, stirring often, until thick. Add heavy cream and continue to cook until slightly thickened.
- Pour simmered tomato mix over top of spaghetti. Sprinkle on olive halves and mushrooms. Pour cream sauce on top. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven for 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 729 cal
- 42.4 g
- 71.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"Although I enjoyed this recipe, my family had mixed reviews. My husband said it was good but not something he would want on a regular basis. My kids, 4 and 7, had a problem with the fact that it was..." See more pink. My 7 year old said that it actually tasted pretty good anyway. I added italian seasoning and garlic to the tomatoes while they were simmering for more flavor."
"This is a very good dish to take to a friend in need. A salad and bread give them a full meal...." See more"
Classico(R) Veggie Spaghetti
Just swipe to see more like this.