Fettuccini Alfredo With Sausage20 Reviews
“A very rich and filling meal. The addition of sausage makes this recipe unique.” - by ANGCHICK
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a large pot with boiling salted water cook fettuccini until al dente. Drain.
- In a large skillet cook sausage until brown. Drain and set aside.
- To make the Alfredo sauce, melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Add heavy cream and Locatella cheese and cook, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a soft boil. If desired, add parsley.
- Pour Alfredo sauce over fettuccini noodles and top with the cooked sausage.
- Serve immediately as sauce will separate upon cooling.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 855 cal
- 67.5 g
- 43.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (20)Rate This Recipe
"This is excellent, but very rich. I use double the pasta for the same amount of sauce, and usually use thin spaghetti instead of fettuccine. The cheese is Locatelli (not Locatella), which is Pecorino ..." See moreRomano. I have also made it using regular sausage rather than Italian sausage. I should also add that I now make the sauce in the microwave, just keeping an eye on it until it starts to boil. Comes out fine and saves a lot of time."
"I only gave this recipe 4 stars after reading the reviews and realizing how rich the sauce would be. After making a few changes, it now rates *5* (according to the family). Instead of 1 cup heavy cr..." See moreeam, I used 1/2 cup of 2% milk and 1/2 cup of heavy cream. I also used only 1/4 cup of butter. (I made these changes for 2 reasons, one to reduce calories and the other to lighten the richness of the sauce). This turned out very creamy and light, but not heavy and rich!! No leftovers at my house. Will definately make again"
Fettuccini with Mushroom, Ham and Rose Sauce
Chicken Alfredo with Fettuccini Noodles
Just swipe to see more like this.