Eggless Pasta28 Reviews
“Anyone on an eggless or low-cholesterol diet will appreciate this recipe.” - by Webby
Original recipe yields 4 cups of noodles
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt. Add warm water and stir to make a stiff dough. Increase water if dough seems too dry.
- Pat the dough into a ball and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 10 to 15 minutes. Cover. Let dough rest for 20 minutes.
- Roll out dough using rolling pin or pasta machine. Work with a 1/4 of the dough at one time. Keep the rest covered, to prevent from drying out. Roll by hand to 1/16 of an inch thick. By machine, stop at the third to last setting.
- Cut pasta into desired shapes.
- Cook fresh noodles in boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 301 cal
- 0.9 g
- 60.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (28)Rate This Recipe
"Adding a bit or olive oil helps - and for those who feel that this doesn't have enough flavour, adding some herbs of your choice helps (reconstitute dry basil in the warm water for example). Many p..." See morearts of italy never use eggs for their pasta, and you can also use this method with potatoes and flour to make Gnocchi or Spaetzle of a sort... It's good."
"Very easy. I used wheat flour since that is what I had on hand and it still worked after I adjusted the ratio of flour and water a bit. I also added orageno for flavor and a bit of olive oil to keep..." See more it from sticking. Instead of cutting it into strips, I used a very small cookie cutter to make shaped pasta."
"Great recipe for those (like me) can't stomach the heaviness of egg pasta. I added 1 Tbls garlic powder to the flour before adding the liquid. Also I blended 5 Tbls fresh basil and 3/4 c fresh leaf sp..." See moreinach in the water. Next time I will decrease to water content when using the basil and spinach cause I had to add more flour to the dough to get it the right consistancy. I made ravioli stuffed with salmon, cottage cheese and green onion and they were fantastic! My boyfriend ate the leftovers COLD the next day."
Just swipe to see more like this.