Jumbo Shells Stuffed with Turkey19 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“Delicious jumbo pasta shells stuffed with turkey or chicken, ricotta cheese and toasted pecans. One of my favorite pasta recipes, it's a perfect way to use up leftover turkey or chicken. Equally as good if you leave out the sherry!” - by ACME
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix turkey, pecans, parsley, egg, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, and white pepper. Stuff cooked shells with the mixture. Place shells in the prepared baking dish.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in shallots, and cook about 1 minute. Mix in flour, and cook about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually mix in chicken broth and sherry. Stir constantly until thickened. Stir in salt, white pepper, Gruyere cheese, and heavy whipping cream. Spoon over stuffed shells, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven for 30 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly. Place under broiler to lightly brown. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 542 cal
- 29.1 g
- 36.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent base recipe! I did some substitutions to cut calories a little. Instead of the white sauce I used a vodka marinara. I also used lean-ground italian-style turkey. The filling was wonderfu..." See morel!"
"The shells tasted great but I had some trouble getting the sauce the correct consistency. I will try again...." See more"
"I was pleased with this. It was fairly easy, you just need to pre-plan a little. I thought the filling was very tasty; the pecans were a great additon. I skipped the sherry and used a good swiss in..." See morestead of the gruyere. I used milk instead of the whipping cream in a effort to scale down on the calories."
Stuffed Shells I
Chicken Stuffed Shells
Just swipe to see more like this.