Chicken Manicotti Alfredo77 Reviews
“A very rich Italian pasta dish. Bottled Alfredo sauce can be used to speed preparation, if desired.” - by Jeff Ellison
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- In a large resealable plastic bag, marinate chicken with vinegar, olive oil, and garlic for at least 30 minutes. Saute in a little olive oil until done. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Drain, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter or margarine in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add heavy cream, salt, nutmeg, and ground black pepper, and stir until sauce thickens. Reduce heat to low. Add grated Parmesan cheese, and stir until the cheese melts. Set Alfredo sauce aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, egg, oregano, marjoram, and basil. Mix in cooked chicken.
- Stuff cooked manicotti shells with chicken and ricotta mixture. Cover the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish with half of the Alfredo sauce. Place stuffed shells on top of sauce. Pour remaining sauce over shells. Top with one cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven for 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 813 cal
- 59.8 g
- 37.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (77)Rate This Recipe
"I read the comments on this recipe and I'm glad I did'nt listen to all. Made this with the ingredients the recipe called for except the egg. I think you can look at the ingredients in a recipe and kno..." See morew if it's going to be too rich,bland,spicy,. It all appealed to me. After reading the comments I knew that even though it didn't say to pour the marinate off the chicken thats what I did. I didn't add any extra oil to cook the chicken. Some said this was dry, so I left the egg out and added a little less chicken. If there is anything I want rich tasting, it would be alfredo sauce. Not hard to make and my family LOVED THIS DISH. Do double the sauce it is so good you will want your manicotti drowning in it. A real keeper...Thanks for sharing......... "
"This is an excellent recipe just for the Alfredo sauce alone. However, the sauce was missing one thing: fresh garlic. What I do is add 4-5 cloves of slightly crushed garlic to the melted butter, and I..." See more let them saute' VERY gently for about 4 minutes, then remove them. It is absolutely divine."
Summer Squash Chicken Alfredo
Chicken Alfredo with Fettuccini Noodles
Just swipe to see more like this.