Butternut Brownie Pie6 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“A crustless pie with a toasty flavor.” - by CANDACEMARIE
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lighty grease a 9 inch pie plate.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites and baking powder until soft peaks form. Add cream of tartar, beating constantly. Add 1 cup of the sugar, a tablespoon at a time, beating constantly until stiff peaks form.
- Break graham crackers into 1 inch pieces. Fold graham crackers and pecan halves into the whipped egg mixture. Spoon into pie plate.
- Bake pie for 30 minuntes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool the pie to room temperature on a wire cooling rack.
- In chilled small bowl using chilled beaters, beat cream just until it begins to thicken. Add the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the vanilla to the cream, and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Do not overbeat. Place the flavored whipped cream on top of the cooled pie. Sprinkle pecans on the top, and refrigerate until served.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 477 cal
- 28.2 g
- 53.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Oh My Gosh, this pie was WONDERFUL! I made it, ate almost the whole thing, raved about it and then my mom called me to get the recipe so she could make it for a ladies meeting at church. Everyone told..." See more her that she outdid herself and asked for the recipe. It was easy to make too. Thanks for submitting it Candi!"
"This is my favorite pie. Its a pie that Lubys restaurant serves. This is the same recipe they use and Ive been going there for years just to eat this fabulous dessert...." See more"
"I was looking at a link to the 5 star recipes page and seen this recipe. I thought the ingredients were kind of odd, but I liked that it had no crust. My nephew wanted to bake something when visiting ..." See moreso we chose this and neither of us had tried it before. It had a flavor I have never tasted before of butter pecan mixed with gooey and crispy merengue. I used honey grahams as it didn't specify. Strangely the graham cracker was barely distiguishable, in taste, which was preferrable. I used sprayed lite whipped cream in a can on top to save time and a little fat. I have never had one of these pies, so it was a tad too sweet for me from the cookies, but I can see why the other reviewers like it."
Nineteen Sixty-Five Mystery Pie
Impossible Brownie Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.