German Chocolate Pie46 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This is a pie with the flavor of a German Chocolate Cake.” - by Suzanne Stull
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- In a medium saucepan, combine the 1/3 cup sugar and the cornstarch. Stir in the milk, chocolate, and 1 tablespoon butter or margarine. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Gradually stir about 1 cup of mixture into egg yolks. Return mixture to saucepan; bring to boiling. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Stir in vanilla.
- Turn the hot pie filling into the baked pie shell.
- In another saucepan, combine the beaten egg, evaporated milk, the 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup butter or margarine. Cook and stir over medium heat just till the mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in the coconut and pecans.
- Spread the pecan mixture evenly over the chocolate filling. Cool the pie on a wire rack; chill thoroughly.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 481 cal
- 29.5 g
- 51.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (46)Rate This Recipe
"I was looking for a recipe for German Chocolate pie like they have at Furr's Restraunt... I found this one.. Not the same.. this one was out of this world. I made it for the 4th of july and nothing wa..." See mores left!! I have made 7 of these since! Everyone wants one!!!! Awesome!!!!"
Fudgy Chocolate Cream Pie
German Chocolate Pecan Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.