Chocolate Pecan Pie I16 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This is my own invention--combining chocolate with a pecan pie seemed like such a good idea. I decided to try it, and the result was delicious. In place of instant coffee, try using espresso.” - by Jeannette Gartner
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C.) In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Stir in sugar, and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs well. Stir in salt, corn syrup and melted butter mixture. Add coffee powder mixed with 1 teaspoon water, if desired. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Spread chocolate chips evenly over the bottom of the pie crust. Pour pecan mixture over the crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes, or until set. Cover and let stand at room temperature about 8 hours before serving. Pie will be soft.
- Combine cream, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl. Whip until stiff. Garnish pie.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 639 cal
- 38.6 g
- 75.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"This pie is absolutely delicious! My husband made this pie twice this week - the first one only lasted 24 hours! And no, my husband is not a chef - this pie is just that simple! We didn't put in th..." See moree instant coffee - but followed the rest to the "t." We used frozen pie crusts and they worked great - but i would recommend you put some foil under the pan, as it did spill out some as it was cooking (since frozen pie crusts are usually in more shallow pans). This is a fantastic recipe. We are going to be making 2 more pies this week for Christmas dinner! I can't wait! Yum! "
"This was not only a super easy recipe, but the results were great! I made it exactly as stated, and I found the coffee was a nice compliment to the chocolate. You don't really taste that there's coffe..." See moree in the pie, but rather a nice hint of mocha. If I didn't know it was in the pie, I never would have known. One thing to point out is that I had enough filling for 2 full 9" pie shells (not deep dish, purchased in the freezer section at my local grocery store)rather than just one. That was great since I was making the pie for a gift.....then we had another one to try ourselves! It was delicious, rich and a perfect pie you will be proud to serve! This has now become my husbands favorite pecan pie!"
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
Chocolate Pecan Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.