Dutch Apple Pie74 Reviews
“This pie is baked in a brown parchment paper. It is so delicious.” - by Barbara Caple
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and cinnamon. Pour over apples in crust. Sprinkle lemon juice on top.
- Cut 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and 1/2 cup butter or margarine together, and top pie with the mixture.
- Take two 15 inch pieces of parchment paper and enclose pie; fold edges up 3 times. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven, split parchment open and cool pie on wire rack. DO NOT open parchment covering while baking! Serve warm, or at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 407 cal
- 19.1 g
- 59.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (74)Rate This Recipe
"I feel bad, because after reading all the great reviews on this recipe, I was surprised to find that I DID NOT like this one! I bake apple pie's for the holidays every year, and they all turn out grea..." See moret. This past holiday, I decided to try something different, and I was sorry I did. It was wayyyy too tart, soggy, and not at all what I expected. I was EMBARRASSED because I brought this one to my future in-laws, and they were polite but I could tell it wasn't the best pie they ever had. I sometimes read these reviews and when I read a negative review I think, "Aw, that person just doesn't know how to cook!" But I've been baking for YEARS, and I LOVE to bake, and my family looks forward to my pies every holiday, but this one- never again! "
"I made this for Christmas dinner. I did not have any parchment paper so I did not use it. I'm not sure what the parchment paper does for it, but it came out beautifully. I have a stoneware pie pan so ..." See moreit makes the crust beautiful every time. I was told by guests that this was the best apple pie they ever had. Highly recommended!"
"This was wonderful! It's been 8 years since I've made an apple pie because Hubby doesn't like them. My niece and I decided to bake one. My non-apple- pie-eater couldn't resist and really enjoyed th..." See moreis! I added a little bit more flour in with the sugar/cinnamon mixture as well as a little bit of ground tapioca. I also brushed egg on the crust first ~ just to be on the safe side. :o) I wasn't sure how the topping would turn out as it just didn't seem right. I added a tblspn more each of sugar and flour. Maybe it was because my butter was cold. I don't know, but it turned out great!"
Dutch Apple Pie with Oatmeal Streusel
Apple Blackberry Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.