Spinach and Cheese Pie7 Reviews
“This is a versatile pie; add garlic, fennel, chard, and/or herbed feta for tasty variations.” - by Diane
Original recipe yields 1 deep dish pie
- Steam the spinach until just wilted.
- In a medium skillet heat the oil until hot and saute the onions and mushrooms. Stir together with the spinach.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs well. Stir in the ricotta, feta, and basil.
- Butter a deep dish pie pan. Place a sheet of phyllo on the bottom of the pan, and brush melted butter over the sheet. Repeat until there are 5 or 6 sheets in the pan. Spread the ricotta mixture over the phyllo. Layer 5 or 6 more sheets of filo brushed with butter on top of the cheese. Spread spinach mixture over the phyllo. Top the pie with 5 or 6 more sheets of phyllo brushed with butter. Trim dough to the edge of the pie dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 1 hour, or until pie is golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 474 cal
- 31.3 g
- 32.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"We liked this recipe a lot - it was tasty and had a beautiful presentation. However, the nutmeg was a bit overpowering and we will omit it next time...." See more"
"Definitely needs additional spices! I also wish that it had been more mixed, instead of all the cheese and then all spinach, but that could just be me. If you're looking for a baking dish - this was..." See more a little too much for an 8 x 12 x 2 Pyrex."
Spinach Pie V
Spinach Cheese Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.