Coconut Cream Pie II8 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 3 hr
“This is one of our very favorite pies.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together wafer crumbs and melted butter. Press mixture firmly into bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan. Bake in preheated oven for 7 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Dissolve gelatin in cold milk and set aside to soften.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar together, then slowly pour in hot milk while whisking constantly. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture coats a spoon. Remove from heat, then stir in gelatin, followed by almond extract. Chill.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold egg whites, whipped cream, and coconut into chilled custard. Pour into pie shell, and sprinkle with additional coconut. Chill 3 or 4 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 500 cal
- 32.9 g
- 46.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"This pie is delicious. The two Coconut Cream Pie lovers absolutely fell in lov. I guess I have to make it all the time now!..." See more"
"I made this pie for Christmas and it was the first pie that was gone. My family loved it! I made a regular pie crust and it was very good. I was surpised to find that I had enough mix to make two p..." See moreies, so I did. I used the vanilla wafer crust for the second one and it was just as good as the regular pie crust."
"The recipe turned out great. I made a homemade crust to go with it instead of the graham-cracker crust and it tastes great. Next time, though, I think I will cut way back on the almond flavor. It's pr..." See moreetty strong and a little too strong for my husband's liking. Otherwise, great pie!!"
Coconut Cream Pie
Coconut Cream Pie IV
Just swipe to see more like this.