Italian Pizza Pie2 Reviews
“This is a recipe that's been in my family for at least 50 years!” - by Annette
Original recipe yields 1 - 12 x 15 inch baking pan
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Combine 4 cups flour with 1 cup shortening. Add in 2 eggs and 1/2 cup cold water to make the crust. Separate dough into 2 portions, one for top and one for bottom. Roll bottom crust and place in the bottom of a 12x15 inch baking pan.
- When you buy the cold cuts you will buy them in chunk form. Dice each chunk into small pieces. Meanwhile cook pasta until almost done.
- When you're through cutting the cold cuts place them in a large mixing bowl. Place the cooled pasta on top. In a separate bowl beat 12 eggs. Add a little pepper to taste. Pour the eggs on top of cold cut mixture. Mix ingredients with your hands or a large spoon if you prefer.
- Place in the prepared bottom crust. Roll out the top crust and make 3 slits for air in the top. Place on top and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 1 hour. ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 682 cal
- 41 g
- 49.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This was very dry. I think the whole family would like it, but you REALLY need to add some pasta or pizza sauce...." See more"
"As the previous reviewer noted, this is Very Dry, But, that is how it is intended to be. I have a similiar version of this recipe that has been handed down Many generations of my Husband's family whic..." See moreh uses "Basket" or "Farmers" Cheese. Hard Salami, Peppered Ham and Pepperoni. Ours does not include the Pasta (although is does sound interesting!) It is a Tradition all of us girls get together to make for Easter."
Italian Bread Baked on a Pizza Stone
Upside-Down Pizza Pot Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.