Sour Cream Apple Pie I78 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This pie includes egg and sour cream so make sure it is kept under refrigeration.” - by JJOHN32
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- Stir together 2 tablespoons flour, salt, 3/4 cup sugar and nutmeg in bowl. Combine egg, sour cream and vanilla in another bowl; mix well. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in apples and spoon mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree F (205 degrees C) oven 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake 30 minutes more. Remove pie from oven. Increase temperature to 400 degree F (205 degrees C).
- Prepare cinnamon topping and sprinkle over pie. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes more. Cool on rack.
- To Make Cinnamon Topping: Combine 1/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon in bowl. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter or regular margarine until crumbly, using a pastry blender.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 368 cal
- 17.2 g
- 50.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (78)Rate This Recipe
"I won an apple baking contest at work with this recipe! The only thing I changed was I baked it in a gingerbread crust. It was very good and I'm making it for Christmas eve...." See more"
"Another great recipe from Eleanor!You've outdone yourself this time Ms.Johnson! This pie was to die for!The crunchy cinnamon crumble topping was excellent. I used 3 granny smith apples diced thinly, w..." See morehich was slightly more than 3 cups. I was a tad surpised that the apples were somewhat crunchy in spite of the 10 minute extra baking time. Nonetheless,the filling was superb and not too sweet. I would like to caution those who are searching for a strong sour cream flavor, this probably isn't for you. The strong sour cream flavor I was looking for was not there.Perhaps the topping overpowered the sour cream flavor....but it truly enhanced the filling flavors nonetheless. This pie is a unique and excitingly outstanding new dessert that I will make again and again, especially for dinner guests,as the presentation is very beautiful as well.Thanks Eleanor."
"This was my first attempt at making a pie, and it turned out great!! One of the best Apple pies I've tasted and my husband agreed. I changed a few things. I increased the sugar to 1 C. and used half b..." See morerown sugar and half white. I also excluded the nutmeg and added 1 1/2 tblsp of cinnamon instead. I also coated the apple with about 1/4 c white sugar and 2 teas. of cinnamon before mixing them in the sour cream mixture. For the topping I double the amount of butter called for. Next time I will try adding a little allspice and cloves. Will make this again often!!"
Glazed Apple Cream Pie
Apple Cream Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.