Ham and Onion Pie17 Reviews
“Delicious cheesy ham and onion pie. Great if you have leftovers.” - by JJOHN32
Original recipe yields 1 deep dish pie
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal. Gradually add water. Blend with fork until mixture forms a ball and leaves the sides of the bowl. Roll out half of the pastry on a lightly floured board to fit a deep dish 9 inch pie plate. Cover and refrigerate. Wrap remaining pastry in plastic wrap. Refrigerate.
- Saute the ham, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper in 2 tablespoons butter or margarine until tender. Cool to room temperature.
- Saute potatoes in remaining 2 tablespoons butter or margarine until crisp and tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Layer half of the cheese, ham mixture, and potatoes into the prepared crust. Repeat. Blend eggs and cream, and pour two-thirds over potatoes. Roll out remaining pastry on a lightly floured board to cover pie. Brush rim of crust with the egg and cream mixture. Top with second half of pastry. Trim and pinch edges to seal. Flute. Brush the top with remaining egg mixture, and trim with the pastry trimmings.
- Bake at 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C) for 45 minutes, or until pie is golden.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 495 cal
- 31.9 g
- 35.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"This is a regular at our house. Everyone loves it. I use ready-made crusts and Swiss instead of Jarlsberg, otherwise, I follow the recipe as written. Hubby likes the leftovers for breakfast the nex..." See moret morning! Thanks."
"Very, very good Eleanor. Due to lack of time, I had to cheat with this recipe. I used Pillsbury pie crusts and frozen hash browns. I used fat free half and half, which I doubled, asiago cheese and mor..." See moree seasonings. Family loved it!"
Vidalia Onion Pie
Curried Ham Popover Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.