Peanut Butter Pie VII8 Reviews
“Traditional peanut butter pie, creamy and good.” - by Jan
Original recipe yields 1 -9 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine the confectioners' sugar and the peanut butter blend until thoroughly combined and light. Spread 3/4 of this mixture across the bottom of the baked pie shell.
- Combine cornstarch, 2/3 cup white sugar, salt and scalded milk. Mix well. Pour a small amount of the milk mixture over the egg yolks. Mix, then add the egg yolk mixture to the scaled milk mixture. In a saucepan over medium heat cook the egg yolk mixture until it thickens. Add the butter and the vanilla. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly then pour into the baked pie shell.
- Beat egg whites into soft peaks add 1/2 cup of the white sugar and continue beating until glossy and stiff. Spread meringue over top of pie. Sprinkle with the remaining peanut butter and confectioners' sugar mixture
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until meringue is lightly browned. Allow pie to cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 444 cal
- 19 g
- 61.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"The recipe I have is a little different, mine calling for 4 egg yokes, but I added 1/4 cup peanut butter to the custard after it was cooked to give it more of a peanut butter taste. It was delicious!..." See more I also do not like meringue at all, so I used whipped cream (can use cool whip) to top the pie with and then sprinked the peanut butter/confectioners sugar on top. It was out of this world! If you are a peanut butter lover like I am, you will love this pie! Also, I made my pie with a home made graham cracker crust. This pie is addicting!"
"Update: MY FIL loved the first piece but said the second was too much. This makes a VERY rich pie. In addition to the pie crust, there is a layer of sugar and peanut butter, then a layer of vanilla pu..." See moredding, then merginue, then more peanut butter and sugar on top. VERY GOOD but VERY RICH! Not sure I would make again unless someone requests. Probably best saved for a holiday pie. (: Thanks for the post! Original review: This is definitly a labor of love type of recipe! I had a sink full of bowls, pans, spoons, scrapers at the end! My 9 year old picked this recipe all by himself to make for his Pawpaw as a thank you. I was thinking more of a no-bake pie, but he ended up picking this one that used the oven twice. (: Will update on taste, it did make a beautiful pie! Will post a pic, too."
"This is an excellent pie for peanut butter lovers but I'll agree with the other reviewers that it is very rich. I love that you make your own custard in this versus a store bought pudding. I am not ..." See morea an of meringue so I also substituted it for homemade whip cream. By making the whip cream with less sugar it was a great balance to the sugar and salt of the remaining pie. We will make again!"
Peanut Butter Pie VIII
Chocolate Kiss Peanut Butter Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.