Montgomery Pie6 Reviews
“This pie is a favorite with my in-laws with their Pennsylvania Dutch background.” - by JBS BOX
Original recipe yields 1 -9 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- To Make Sour Milk: Combine 1/2 cup minus 1-1/2 teaspoons with 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice or white vinegar.
- Combine the molasses, 1/2 cup of the white sugar,1 egg, water, 2 tablespoons of the flour and lemon juice and rind. Mix thoroughly and pour into the unbaked pie shell.
- Cream the butter or margarine with the remaining white sugar until light and fluffy. Add the remaining egg and beat thoroughly. Sift the remaining flour and baking soda together then add to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour milk. Spread over the top of the mixture in the pie shell.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 441 cal
- 14.8 g
- 72.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"This was nasty! I do not think that lemon juice and molasses go together...." See more"
Sour Cream Raisin Pie I
Custard Pie I
Just swipe to see more like this.