Three-Onion Pie with Feta or Goat Cheese10 Reviews
“This pie is simple to prepare. Serve with a salad for dinner, or with fruit for brunch. Dry goat cheese can be used in place of feta cheese.” - by Christine L.
Original recipe yields 1 - 10 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the yellow and red onions, and saute over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the wine, then add the leeks. Saute for another 15 minutes, stirring frequently, or until the onions are golden and the leeks are limp. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beaten eggs with dill, tarragon, feta cheese, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Stir in the onion mixture.
- Oil a 10 inch tart pan, and line the bottom generously with bread crumbs. Pour in the onion mixture. Ring the outside edge of the pie with tomato slices, and sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon parsley in the center. Sprinkle a light layer of bread crumbs over the entire top.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the mixture is set and the top is golden. Let stand for 10 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 157 cal
- 7.5 g
- 16.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"My goodnes, this is delicious! I used a 9" whole wheat pie shell, and based on a previous review stating this was more a side dish beefed it up with 3 eggs and 8 oz. crumbled feta (1 cup). I used fr..." See moreesh parsley, dried tarragon, and omitted the dill. I did not add any salt because I thought the cheese would be enough, but I will probably add a dash next time. My husband can be quite picky when it comes to new foods, but he went back for seconds. I served with a greek side salad and grilled chicken apple sausage w/ grainy mustard. This is now one of my favorites for dinner or brunch. Thank YOU!"
"I made this recipe in a pre-made pie crust with goat cheese and it turned out great; it took just under 40 minutes to fully cook. I would definitely make it again!..." See more"
Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese
Cheese and Onion Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.