Red Onion and Goat Cheese Tart15 Reviews
“Try this delicious combination of red onions and goat cheese. Serve warm with a fresh salad.” - by Christine L.
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Line a 9 inch fluted, loose-bottom flat tart pan with pastry. Chill for 15 minutes. Cover with foil, and fill with pie weights. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and weights, and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Put onions in a roasting tin, and drizzle over the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Beat together egg yolks and cream, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the red onions over the base of the baked pastry. Pour cream mixture over onions. Slice the goat cheese thinly, and dot over the top of the tart.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until custard has just set.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 310 cal
- 23.8 g
- 18.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"The only changes I made were to saute the chopped onion in olive oil. I wish, however, I had made my own pie crust - I really did not like the sweetness of the pastry with the salty goat cheese (I wou..." See moreld actually give the recipe 3.5 stars because of this). If I were to make this again, I would add a little extra-sharp Cheddar to the cream and egg yolks. This is a good basic recipe that can easily be tweaked to personal preference."
"This was a very simple recipe to follow. I added some garlic, and dried sage the second time i made it for a bit of added flavour..." See more"
"Leaving the onion in quarters didn't make any sense to me. I chopped it up before roasting, and roasted it for 30 min to caramelize well. I used heavy cream instead of heavy whipping cream (it's all..." See more i had) and it worked fine. Added thyme, sage, rosemary, and a little grated cheddar to the custard. I used to recipe "Easy to remember pie crust" from this website. I didn't measure the goat cheese, but i probably doubled it to be nice and cheesy. I would give 5 stars if it weren't for the instruction to leave the onion quartered. That just seems difficult to eat."
Goat Cheese Arugula Pizza - No Red Sauce!
Caramelized Onion and Blue Cheese Orzo
Just swipe to see more like this.