Apple Danish Cheesecake21 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 day 2 hr 35 min
“An excellent brunch item!” - by Karin Christian
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch cheesecake
- To make dough: in a small bowl, combine 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup ground almonds, and 1/4 cup sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Add extract. Shape dough into a ball, gently press dough against the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform or cake pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To make filling: in a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and cream of tartar until smooth. Add egg; beat on low just until combined. Pour over crust.
- To make topping: in another medium-sized bowl, combine brown sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, and cinnamon. Add apples and stir until coated. Spoon over the filling. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup slivered almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove from pan.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 466 cal
- 29.1 g
- 46.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (21)Rate This Recipe
"Really tasty, but I found the almonds were a little soggy after being refrigerated overnight. Try toasting them just before serving and sprinkling them on top of the cheescake as you serve it up!..." See more"
"Very very tasty! I noticed the crust was alittle soggy when it was cooling but once it was refrigerated it hardened up! Will definitly make this more often. I added a strudel topping to give it tha..." See moret extra gourmet look."
"I only had 4ozs of cream cheese so i cut the recipe in half and becuase then it wouldn't fit in a pan i made it into tarts in a cupcake pan. Wow. they came out soooooooo good i loved them and almost c..." See moreried when i came home to find out my grandma had given the rest away to a friend haha. wonderful recipe."
Apple Bavarian Torte
Apple Cheesecake Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.