Turkey Shepherd's Pie75 Reviews
“A healthy twist on an old favorite.” - by ANGCHICK
Original recipe yields 1 deep dish pie
- Boil potatoes until tender.
- Mash potatoes with butter or margarine and milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Saute onion in olive oil until soft. Stir in ground turkey, carrot, mushrooms, parsley, thyme, garlic, and chicken bouillon. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook and stir until meat is broken up and cooked through. Drain. Stir in flour.
- Transfer meat mixture to a deep dish pie pan or casserole. Spread potatoes over meat, and swirl with a fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 203 cal
- 7.7 g
- 22.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (75)Rate This Recipe
"good, basic recipe. I added s. cream to my potatoes to make them creamier. Also added different veggies~ squash, peas, carrots. Also added worstchire (sp?) & garlic. Added chicken broth (seemed to..." See moreo dry without) before adding the flour to make the "gravy". I put cheese on top of my potatoes & put them under the broiler for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Great way to make a "comfort food" healthy (somewhat)!"
"I made this tonight with only one exception - used cauliflower instead of potatoes to make it a little healthier. Boiled cauliflower and garlic, added horseradish and cheese when mashing and it was s..." See moreo good with this recipe. My husband loves shepherd pie, but we've been trying to eat better. Thank you very much for this recipe!"
Naked Kitchen Girl
"YUM! Easy to prepare, even for a novice like me. Like so many others I added worcestershire sauce, xtra garlic and some veggies - recipe was easy to play around with. I added a bit of horseradish, ro..." See moresemary and parmesan to the mashed potatoes to give them a little kick up the arse, and topped with cheese. Hurrah!"
Sweet Potato and Turkey Shepherd's Pie
Shepherd's Pie VI
Just swipe to see more like this.