Stuffed Baby Yorkies13 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 12 min
- Ready In: 47 min
“This is my take on a favorite pub appetizer: mini Yorkshire puddings stuffed with roast beef and horseradish. They are delicious served hot with au jus. Or leave them unstuffed and serve as traditional Yorkshire pudding.” - by AvelaineS
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Whisk the eggs, milk, flour, and salt together in a mixing bowl until the mixture is smooth and glistening. Set aside to rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, place 1 tablespoon oil in each cup of a muffin pan. Place the pan in the oven while the batter is resting.
- Whisk the batter briefly. Remove the pan from the oven, and immediately fill each cup 3/4 full with batter. The oil should be sufficiently hot so the batter sizzles and begins cooking. Spoon about 1 teaspoon roast beef and 1 teaspoon of horseradish into the center of each cup.
- Immediately return pan to the oven, and bake until puffed and golden, about 12 minutes. Remove Yorkshire puddings from the pan and drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Serve hot with prepared au jus.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 214 cal
- 16.7 g
- 10.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"These tasted GREAT and everyone loved them! The only thing i have to say - BE CAREFUL! The oil overflowed into the oven, so we pulled them out a few min early, which was fine for the yorkies, but th..." See moree next time i turned on the oven, the entire inside went up in flames.... So I definitely would like to recommend this recipe, just maybe use a little less oil.... "
"This was great! I used leftover pot roast and it worked wonderfully. It did take significantly longer than 12 minutes to brown, though, and I agree with the other reviewer about using a little less oi..." See morel. Aside from that, four thumbs up -- my husband and I both enjoyed our meal."
Stuffed Leg of Lamb
Beef and Couscous Stuffed Baby Bell Peppers
Just swipe to see more like this.