Coconut Marshmallow Cream Meringue Pie18 Reviews
“Extra rich and gooey coconut cream pie! Half and half may be used in place of cream.” - by MARBALET
Original recipe yields 2 pies
- For the filling combine light cream or half and half and butter in saucepan. Bring just to boil over medium heat.
- In medium bowl, whisk together sugar, 3 eggs, cornstarch, vanilla and salt until cornstarch is completely dissolved and mixture is well blended.
- Gradually add the egg mixture to the mixture in saucepan, stirring constantly with wire whisk. Cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute or until thickened. Add marshmallows and 1/4 cup of the coconut. Cook and stir until marshmallows melt and mixture is well-blended. Pour into pie shells. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- For meringue, in large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add sugar, a small amount at a time, beating constantly until stiff peaks form. Spread half the meringue over each pie to edge of crust. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup of the remaining coconut.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Chill any leftovers.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 479 cal
- 27.7 g
- 52.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"I am a very good pie baker and I rate this recipe very highly. I bake pies at Christmas for other people and this is the coconut pie recipe I use every time. The only thing I change is I make all cr..." See moreeam pie recipes in the microwave ( cooking the pudding part) - so much easier and they turn out perfect every time!"
"This is absolutely the BEST coconut pie I have ever had... I don't do meringue pies because I can't do the meringue, but this one is easy and great! Takes a little time, but it is well worth it!!!..." See more"
Coconut Cream Pie
Coconut Cream Pie IV
Just swipe to see more like this.