Rumbleberry Crisp26 Reviews
“Something to do with all those wonderful summer berries.” - by Pat Andersen
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together rhubarb, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and sliced apples. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg together and blend with the fruit.
- Pour fruit mixture into a 9x13 inch glass baking dish.
- For the topping: In a large bowl, mix the oatmeal, flour, brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon together. Add the butter in little pats and cut into the flour mixture until it looks crumbly, (no big chunks). Sprinkle over the fruit.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes, or until topping is brown.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 228 cal
- 3.3 g
- 49.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (26)Rate This Recipe
"Amazing with the following changes: only 1 scant cup white sugar mixed with the fruit and double the butter to 1/2 cup for the topping (actually, I used Earth Balance since I needed it to be dairy-fr..." See moreee). I also used frozen raspberry/blackberry/blueberry mix with no problem."
"I thought this was really quite good, but I think it was way too sweet. I used 2 cups of rhubarb and 3 cups of tart granny smith apples, plus 3 cups of unsweetened frozen mixed berries. Next time I wo..." See moreuld reduce the sugar by at least 1/2 a cup. Also, and I don't know why, but after 35 minutes the top was *very* brown, even black in some places, and the apples and rhubarb were still a bit crunchy. I scooped the black parts off and it all got gobbled up anyway. Maybe the top got too brown because I substituted margerine? Don't know. Will make this again."
Triple Berry Crisp
Just swipe to see more like this.