Rhubarb and Strawberry Pie433 Reviews
“A delicious tart and sweet combination. Nothing tastes better with vanilla ice cream. Fresh or frozen rhubarb may be used.” - by Terri
Original recipe yields 1 pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix flour and sugar. Add strawberries and chopped rhubarb. Toss with sugar and flour and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Pour filling into pie crust. Dot top with butter, and cover with top crust. Seal edges of top and bottom crust with water.
- Apply yolk to top of pie, using a pastry brush. Sprinkle with sugar. Cut small holes in top to let steam escape.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C), for 35 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly and brown. Cool on rack.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 437 cal
- 18.8 g
- 64.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (433)Rate This Recipe
"This is a very simple and very yummy recipe. For those who found the pie too runny but don't want to go through the hassle of pre-cooking the rhubarb, try using a lattice top instead of the double cru..." See morest called for in the recipe. It lets alot of the moisture out. Also, be sure to let the filling sit the whole 30 min before pouring into crust, and let the pie sit in the oven 15-20 min after baking (oven should be turned OFF) to let the excess fluids thicken. If you do all of those steps, the pie won't be runny, nor will it taste floury."
"I've made this pie twice, first as written & the second time I made some changes. Using flour, the pie was runny & tasted like flour. So, the second time, I put the rhubarb in a large pot, added the s..." See moreugar & 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water with 2 Tablespoons of corn starch dissolved in the water. I cooked it until it thickened. I removed the pot from the stove & added the raw strawberries. I poured the mixture into the crust & dotted with butter. It turned out much better with the cornstarch. Not too much liquid & no flour taste. Also, I just brush the top crust with milk & sprinkle with some sugar & nutmeg."
"This has the perfect proportion of sugar and flour! I used about 3 cups each of strawberries and chopped rhubarb. I put foil on the edges of the crust, baked at 425 for 15 min. , took off the foil, tu..." See morerned it down to 375 for 45 more min. With pies like this, you cannot just cut into them fresh from the oven, or they run all over the place. I made this at 9 at night, then cut into it the next day in the afternoon, no runniness at all. Yum!"
Strawberry Rhubarb Cream Pie
Strawberry Raisin Rhubarb Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.