Elderberry Pie II15 Reviews
“This is my favorite fruit pie of all. Wish I could find the berries in our area. Tapioca can be used in place of cornstarch if desired.” - by Esther Kenagy
Original recipe yields 1 pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix cornstarch in a little bit of water and add to berries and sugar. Cook, stirring constantly until desired thickness. Add more cornstarch if not thick enough. Add lemon juice.
- Pour into bottom crust. Dot with butter. Put on top crust or make a lattice.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) until browned and berries are bubbling through holes in the crust, approximately 40 minutes.
- Note: It is a good idea to put a pan or foil under the pie as it bakes since it might bubble over.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 389 cal
- 15.3 g
- 61.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"This was deeelicious...and I don't even like elderberry pie! I added about 1T extra of cornstarch and made a lattice crust. This pie had a perfect consistency, and my family just couldn't stay out o..." See moref it. Will make again!"
"Great pie! I love elderberries and found that the easiest way to clean/ de-stem the berries is to freeze them first. Then they practically fall off the stems. Super easy!..." See more"
Brigid's Blackberry Pie
Gooseberry Pie II
Just swipe to see more like this.