Green Tomato Pie III29 Reviews
“Tastes like the best apple pie you have ever had. Make people guess what it is, they will want another slice.” - by Pam
Original recipe yields 1 pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place diced green tomatoes and vinegar in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, salt and flour. Sprinkle over tomatoes and toss to coat evenly.
- Pour into pie crust and cover with criss-cross lattice crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes, until bubbly and crust is brown.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 407 cal
- 15.2 g
- 65.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (29)Rate This Recipe
"Wow! It really does taste like apple pie. I actually peeled the tomatoes (a knife worked easier than a veggie peeler for me) since that's what I do with apples. I upped the flour to about 1/3 cup a..." See morend ended up baking it for an hour. It came out great- not too runny like some reviews said."
"I had high hopes for this pie as I love the idea of using green tomatoes. Perhaps success is dependent on the size the tomatoes are chopped (mine were 1/2" pieces) or how green they are (mine were pre..." See moretty green, certainly not close to orange). Anyway, the cooked pie was pieces of green tomato swimming in a watery liquid. They tasted ok, although the spices were overwhelming. They were nothing like apple pie. Hoping to try again with some adjustments."
Green Tomato Relish
Green Tomato Raspberry Jam
Just swipe to see more like this.