Chicken Pot Pie II104 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Chicken and vegetables in a pie! Very easy and low in fat.” - by chefbuzz
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch deep dish pie
- Wash chicken breasts in water and then place in a pot with water just to cover the chicken add some salt and pepper and garlic powder. Bring to a boil, turn off heat and cover. Let cool in the pot.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Wash and cut potatoes into bite size pieces and boil till almost fork tender. Drain and set aside.
- Wash celery and cut to bite-size pieces. Cut onion to bite-size pieces.
- In a large heavy skillet, over medium heat, saute celery and onion with 2 tablespoons oil, for 5 to 8 minutes. Add the frozen vegetables and cook another 5 minutes. Add flour and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. After it has become thick, add potatoes.
- Remove chicken from pot and cut into bite-size pieces and add to vegetable mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture into a 9 inch deep dish pie plate and cover with pie shell. Make sure you crimp the edges of the pie shell to the plate so no juices spill in oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes or until pie shell is cooked and golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 306 cal
- 13.3 g
- 33.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (104)Rate This Recipe
"Made this delicious recipe last night with a few modifications. I used "Basic Flaky Pie Crust" from this site instead of pre-made crust, and used fresh mushrooms, carrots, brocolli, beans instead of ..." See moretheir frozen counterparts. I also added granulated onion, some thyme, cheddar cheese, and used only one large potatoe (any more would be overkill). I didn't have any pie tins to accomodate this big pie, so used a 9x13 casserole instead and it turned out great. If you are looking for a good chicken pot pie recipe, you can trust that this one will exceed your expectations."
"I love that the filling has no "cream of" something soup. I usually had more chicken and veggies and make 2 pies for my family. And I use whatever veggies I have on hand at the time. It's a big hit h..." See moreere. I poach my chicken breasts in a pot of water with onion and celery and garlic and pepper corns and bay leaves...whatever sounds good at the time. Then I strain that liquid and use it as my chicken broth later, too."
"This is a great basic recipe if you want to make a pot pie without using heavy soups or creams. I changed it a fair amount (mostly b/c I didn't have all the ingredients)& it turned out great. I adde..." See mored 3 cloves of smashed garlic to the chicken water instead of garlic powder & I didn't have any frozen veggies or celery so I just used a combo of potatoes, baby carrots (which I added to the boiling potatoes) & onions. Also, instead of a pie crust I topped with biscuit dough. I only cooked it for approx 30 mins and it was perfect. Great recipe...both my kids loved it."
Chicken Pot Pie VIII
Chicken Pot Pie V
Just swipe to see more like this.