Chicken Shepherd's Pie41 Reviews
“This a fabulous one-pan meal. Serve with a salad and French bread. Just use left over fried, baked, or grilled chicken. You may substitute your family's favorite vegetable in place of corn. Potatoes and roasted garlic can be done 1 to 2 days ahead. If preference is to use dried spices, then use 1/2 teaspoon each of thyme and rosemary. Use any cheese of your choice.” - by Karyn
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- To prepare roasted garlic: Cut head of garlic in half and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap in foil and bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 45 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Peel, chop and boil potatoes until tender. Drain, then mash potatoes. Add butter, milk and roasted garlic and mix in. Set aside.
- Arrange chicken evenly in the bottom of a casserole dish, then sprinkle with spices, then layer peppers, corn and all but 1/4 cup cheese. Spread mashed potatoes on top, sealing everything in. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes or until brown around edges.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 556 cal
- 20.7 g
- 60.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (41)Rate This Recipe
"I changed this recipe significantly to better appeal to my family, and we really liked the modifications. Instead of corn and peppers, I used green beans cooked with bacon and onions. I also made th..." See moree mashed potatoes using whipped garlic-flavored cream cheese and milk instead of roasted garlic, butter and milk. (Much easier!)"
"i added french cut beans instead of red peppers. after reading a few of the posts that the casserol was bland... i decided to combine the vegetable, chicken and herbs with 1 can of cream of mushroom ..." See moresoup. it was phenomenal this way since chicken is kind of a dry meat. lastly, i didn't roast the garlic. instead just added finely minced garlic into the mashed potatoes before i baked it. "
Chicken Pot Pie III
Mom's Shepherd's Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.