Elegant White Chocolate Banana Cream Pie2 Reviews
“Best if eaten the same day it is made.” - by MARBALET
Original recipe yields 1 pie
- To Make White Chocolate Pastry Cream: In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until pale yellow. Whisk in cornstarch. In a medium saucepan, heat milk and vanilla bean to just below the boiling point. Slowly whisk a small amount of hot milk into egg yolk mixture, then stir egg yolk mixture back into pan. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in butter, then strain mixture through a sieve. Place plastic wrap over the surface of mixture to keep a skin from forming. Allow to cool slightly, then stir in melted white chocolate. Chill pastry cream.
- Slice bananas and toss with the lemon juice to keep from discoloring. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip chilled whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into pastry cream, then fold in bananas and liqueurs. Fill tart shell with banana cream filling.
- Top generously with white chocolate curls, then dust with cocoa. Serve soon after assembling so crust doesn't get soggy.
- To make white chocolate curls, carefully draw a vegetable peeler across the broad, flat surface of a room-temperature (about 80 degrees) chunk of white chocolate to make large, thin curls. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 870 cal
- 53.8 g
- 87.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This pie turned out to be absolutely phenomenal. However, there were many steps in which things could go wrong. Be sure the milk is boiled and the heat is reduced so the eggs don't cook in the pan. Me..." See morelt the white chocolate just prior to adding it so the it does not burn. In our experience baking it, there was sufficient filling from the given recipe to make two 9 inch pies. Definitely allow the pie at least three hours to chill before eating it, or else the filling will collapse since its consistency is still that of pudding. Allowing it to sit also enhances the banana taste instead of the pure sugary and chocolatey sweetness that prevailed in the beginning. Overall, there were many nuances while making the pie (which we made with a graham cracker crust), but our efforts were well rewarded by a delectable pie."
Chocolate Banana Pie
White Chocolate Cherry Cream Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.