Cheese and Garden Vegetable Pie12 Reviews
“A wonderful main dish pie that tastes great hot or cold.” - by absentMindedcook
Original recipe yields 1 deep dish pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake the pie shell for 9 to 10 minutes or until browned. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes into bite size pieces, dice the onion and the green bell pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise, cheeses, vegetables and bacon. Spoon into the baked pie shell. Top with additional crumbled bacon.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until edges brown.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 292 cal
- 24.6 g
- 12.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for dinner the other night and it was delicious!! I made it exactly as written and it's very rich and tasty! I do weight watchers and 1/8th of a peice of pie is 11 points. Or, if you use ..." See morelight mayo and turkey bacon it's 6.5 points. My husband also loved it!! Thanks!"
"I'm wondering if I did something wrong. I really did not care for this recipe. I followed the recipe exactly. One possibility...maybe my tomatoes were too large....perhaps I should have used two to..." See morematoes instead of three (my garden tomatoes are pretty big this year). Sorry....I really wanted to like this one!"
"I have made many different variations of tomato pie. This is def. my favorite! I peeled my tomatoes as my family likes it better that way. I also used some dried basil as suggested by another revie..." See morew. I made one pie and it is gone - I will make another tomorrow. This has amazing flavor and some nice crunch."
Ham, Garden Vegetable and Spring Mix Salad with Swiss Cheese
Easy Baked Cheese and Vegetable Twist
Just swipe to see more like this.