Coconut Cream Pie IV97 Reviews
“Creamy and delicious coconut flavored pie. A serious contender for the 'Best Pie in the Universe' title.” - by Jane
Original recipe yields 1 pie
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, salt and milk in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly. Continue to boil for one minute. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat the 3 egg yolks. Gradually stir in 1/4 of the hot mixture into yolks. Pour yolks back into remaining hot mixture stirring constantly. Cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds. Remove from heat and add butter, vanilla and coconut. Pour into baked pie shell. Cool in refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
- In a medium glass or metal bowl, beat egg whites until frothy. Slowly add 6 tablespoons sugar while continuing to beat until whites form stiff peaks. Spread meringue over pie, sealing to the edges and sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meringue is toasted, 10 to 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 368 cal
- 16.1 g
- 50.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (97)Rate This Recipe
"This pie was awesome. For those who had trouble with it setting up, you MUST bring cream pies to a full bubbling boil. This one said for 1 minute and, after adding yolks, cook 30 seconds longer. My ..." See moreoffice loved it. My family will also love it at the next get-together!"
"We have been searching the country over for a good coconut pie recipe to use in our restaurant. My husband is VERY picky.... After many mishaps, we stumbled across this one. It has come out perfect..." See more every time (except when I did not let it get to a good boil as recommended). It sells out immediately each time I make some for the restaurant - our most popular pie!"
"I have several diabetics in my family, so I have made this recipie with Spenda* Sweetener. It gets rave reviews. (The last time my relatives were in, they ate the leftover pie for breakfast.) If yo..." See moreu do this, you may want to add a tad more cornstarch, because the non-sugar changes the consistency a little. One note though: If you like a full pie, you may want to double (or 1 1/2 times) the recipie, I find that the regular recipie is a little scant."
Coconut Cream Pie
Coconut Cream Pie III
Just swipe to see more like this.