Jefferson Davis Pie11 Reviews
“This pie is extremely rich and should be served in small wedges. It's especially good with a dollop of bourbon whipped cream.” - by POOKA75
Original recipe yields 2 - 9 inch pies
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix white sugar, brown sugar, and flour.
- Add softened butter, cream, eggs and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Pour into 2 unbaked pie shells.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Bourbon Whipped Cream: Whip cream and add sugar gradually until stiff peaks form. Once cream is whipped, gently fold in the bourbon.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 390 cal
- 26.9 g
- 35.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"This is a nice basic recipe for Jefferson Davis pie. The terrific thing about this pie is that it's so customizable. If you've never had it, it's difficult to explain the taste, but I'll try. It's ..." See moresort of like a pecan pie minus the pecans, with a candied vanilla-rum flavor. Complicated, right? I further complicate things by adding a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves to the mix. Doing so changes the taste to something closer to a pecan pie without the nuts crossed with a pumpkin pie minus the pumpkin. Also, for this recipe, be sure to use two deep dish pie crusts (there's going to be a whole lot of bubbling going on in the oven) and also cover your crusts with foil because they will burn easily given the lengthy cook time."
"It's in the oven now, but was a little bit of a disaster last night because it overflowed everywhere in my oven. It should be noted that deep-dish pie crusts be used in order to avoid this. I'm tryi..." See moreng again tonight and hopefully it will be as yummy as it sounds."
Easy Sour Cream Raisin Pie
Buttermilk Pie I
Just swipe to see more like this.