Shepherd's Pie II50 Reviews
“This is my version of my Mother's wonderful comfort food recipe. Great on a winters' day.” - by Lisa-Michelle Boucher
Original recipe yields 1 - 4 quart casserole
- Boil potatoes until tender. Mash with milk and 2 tablespoons butter or margarine. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Saute the onions with the paprika. Add the ground beef and sage, cook until meat is browned.
- In a sauce pan, blanch frozen vegetables for 5 minutes in boiling water. Drain.
- Spread a thin layer of potatoes in the casserole dish. Add half the peas and corn, then the ground beef and then the rest of the peas and corn. Top with mashed potatoes.
- Dot top with flakes of butter, nutmeg, paprika, salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 40 to 50 minutes, or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 345 cal
- 15.5 g
- 37 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (50)Rate This Recipe
"This was a good recipe to work off. I made several changes to the recipe. I browned the onions first, added the meat to the onions with garlic and ginger. Once the meat was almost cooked I added green..." See more peas, corn, bell peppers and mushrooms to the meat. After a few minutes I added the nutmeg, sage, salt, red chili powder and some basil and parsley for taste. Once the meat and peas/corn was cooked, I added about 4-6 tablespoon of pasta sauce to give it some texture.Make sure you do not put too much to the point that it is saucy...add just enough so the meat is not so dry. Then add the mashed potatoes and bake in the oven with some cheese on top. When I made this dish I had several people over for dinner and they all went back for seconds and thirds. I hope all these ideas help you!"
"Super! A minor change: I simmered the peas & corn along with carrots and mushrooms, herbs & spices in a can of beef broth for about 10 minutes, then used the liquid to make a gravy for the meat. Com..." See morebined meat, gravy & veggies, poured into baking dish. Layered potatoes on top. Baked & then sprinkled with shredded cheddar. No leftovers!"
Shepherd's Pie Mexicana
Ground Beef Shepherd's Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.