Amish Custard Cottage Cheese Pie9 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“A custard pie made more delightful with the addition of cottage cheese. It can be made in a pastry or graham cracker crust.” - by MARBALET
Original recipe yields 2 - 9 inch pie
- Place cottage cheese in strainer and let drain for about 1 hour or until most of liquid has been drained.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, sugar, flour, lemon juice, salt, egg yolks, evaporated milk, and regular milk. Mix well.
- In a separate clean bowl, beat egg whites until firm. Fold into batter until smooth. Pour into pie crusts.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C), then reduce oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for an additional 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on racks, then refrigerate. Flavor improves if served a day after baking.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 220 cal
- 9.5 g
- 25.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"This is to answer the earlier reviewer who asked, "Why drain the cottage cheese?" You're not so much draining the milk off of the cottage cheese as just excess water/whey mixed with a little milk...." See more"
"I'm sure this recipe is delicious, but come on, why drain the cottage cheese if you're going to add milk back into the recipe?! I wish someone would figure out how much "liquid" [milk] is drained from..." See more the cottage cheese, and post it here, so then we can just omit that much from the milk it calls for now, and not have to drain the cottage cheese. Just my 2 cents :)"
Coconut Custard Pie IV
Custard Pie III
Just swipe to see more like this.