Maple Pecan Pie II9 Reviews
“This is the 1999 American Pie Council 's National Pie Championship's "Best of Show " and the first place winner in the Nut Category.” - by DINNER2
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- Sift together flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon sugar into mixing bowl. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles cornmeal. Combine water, vinegar and 1 egg; add liquid one tablespoon at a time, sprinkling over flour mixture and tossing with a fork to form soft dough. Shape into three discs. Wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 3 to 24 hours. Extra pastry may be frozen for later use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with pastry. Brush inside of unbaked pie shell with slightly beaten egg white.
- Mix 3/4 cup sugar, syrups, vanilla and salt with 4 beaten eggs until blended. Stir in pecans and melted butter. Pour filling into pie shell.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven and brush hot pie top with maple syrup. Cool and store in refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 890 cal
- 50.3 g
- 103.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"One of the best pie recipes I've tried. I chose to brush the syrup on generously after the pie came from the oven. It gets even better after resting in the fridge for a day...." See more"
"I don't make pie crusts, but this filling is the best pecan pie filling I or my family has ever tasted. It has become a family tradition at the holidays!..." See more"
"a nice pie - not my favorite pecan pie recipe, however. I prefer a more traditional pie, perhaps. Easy to make, though, and a hit with the family. Lots and lots and lots of syrup goes into this one..." See more, folks, so forget the diet. I used a 10" graham cracker pie crust, and the filling fit perfectly. I'd recommend 10" over 9" if you choose to not make your own crust to avoid spillage. The maple flavor did not overpower the rest of the pie's ingredients and added a different spin on the standard pecan pie recipe."
Unbeatable Pecan Pie
Real Pecan Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.