Strawberry Cheese Pie44 Reviews
“This is the 1999 American Pie Council 's National Pie Championship's first place winner in the Cream Pie Category.” - by Marion Goldstein
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie shell
- Combine flour and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening and butter until all the flour is blended to form pea-sized crumbs. Sprinkle with water one tablespoon at a time. Toss lightly with a fork until dough forms a ball. Chill dough 15 to 30 minutes.
- Roll dough between two sheets of wax paper into an 11 inch circle. Remove top sheet of wax paper and lay into 9 inch pie pan. Prick bottom and sides of pie shell thoroughly to prevent shrinkage.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine cream cheese and confectioner 's sugar in medium bowl. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Beat in vanilla and almond extracts. Fold in whipped cream and almonds by hand until well mixed. Pour into cooled crust. Refrigerate until firm.
- Decorate pie with strawberries fully or just around the edge. Heat jelly in microwave oven just until soft and brush carefully over strawberries until glazed. Refrigerate until serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 421 cal
- 26.5 g
- 41.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (44)Rate This Recipe
"Based on my own experience with this recipe and after reading reviews of others I can confidently say this is a PERFECT, delicious and show stopping pie if: you use a homemade pie crust--no store boug..." See moreht, no graham cracker and do use the almonds and almond extract, just as the recipe is written. However, I didn't like the idea of chopped almonds mixed into the filling, so I toasted sliced almonds and covered the cool, baked crust with them before adding the filling. Most important,I found the currant jelly glaze a little thick and gloppy, so the next time I make this (and I know there will be MANY next times) I'll thin the jelly out with a bit of water to make it more glaze-like and easier to spread. "
"Awesome recipe! I cheated a bit by buying a ready made crust but saved a lot of prep time. Also I put down a layer of sliced strawberries in the crust before pouring in the filling, turned out to be..." See more a great way to cram more strawberries in!"
"Came back to edit this. Wanted to add I've made this over and over, it's really a hit anywhere I take it. Wanted to add my easy way of chopping the almonds. Stick 'em in a bag and use the side of y..." See moreour meat tenderizer to "chop" them. Then, no cutting but still small almonds! :) Try this recipe, you won't be disappointed. DEFINITELY add the almond extract and some almonds, it makes the pie!! There is just one thing to say - WOW! WOW! We were SO impressed with this we've made it again and again! I too, cheated and used the graham cracker crust - the filling was quick, easy and most of all, DELICIOUS!! I used extra strawberries when serving this, they give this just the perfect combo in the mouth. YUM!"
Strawberry Pie II
Big Guy Strawberry Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.