Sweet Spicy Pumpkin Seeds13 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“These are a very tasty treat for snacking or parties!” - by Traci
Original recipe yields 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Place the pumpkin seeds on a cookie sheet, and spread them out into a single layer. Roast until brown and crisp, about 45 minutes. Set the seeds aside in a large bowl.
- Place the cinnamon, chili powder, and 1 teaspoon of sugar in a bowl, and set aside.
- Place olive oil and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, and heat and stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar turns a light golden brown color. Watch it carefully to avoid burning.
- Pour the caramelized sugar mixture over the roasted pumpkin seeds, and stir to coat. Pour the cinnamon-chili powder mixture over the seeds, and toss to coat the seeds with the spices.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 118 cal
- 6.5 g
- 12.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"I was disappointed with this recipe, maybe it was user error. The oil and sugar separated despite having stirred it contantly to combine and not burn the sugar, so instead of pouring the separated me..." See moress over the seeds I grabbed a paper towel and soaked up the unwanted oil and poured the rest over the seeds. I think it needs salt and the chili powder is so miniscule it's not spicy at all, either the amount of chili powder needs to be increased or use cayenne pepper instead of chili powder (if I make this again I think I'd rather use cayenne). Overall it was fun to try something new."
"I had the same problem with the suger beging to seperate but i found out if i kept stirring and cooked a little bit longer that it did dislove but this was a fun recipe to try..." See more"
Caramelized Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
Just swipe to see more like this.