Salmon Pie I32 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“A delicious salmon pie. It's a meal in itself.” - by Wilma Scott
Original recipe yields 6 to 8 servings
- In a medium saucepan cook the rice with the water.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (225 degrees C).
- Line a pie plate with pastry and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute the onions and mushrooms in the butter until soft.
- Combine the cooked rice with the mushroom soup and spread half of the mixture over the bottom of the pie shell. Spread the mashed salmon over the rice mixture. Top with the sauteed mushroom/onion mixture and then top with the remaining rice mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese and cover with pastry. Seal edges and pierce top.
- Bake at 450 degrees F (225 degrees C) for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue to bake for another 30 to 35 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 594 cal
- 33 g
- 52.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (32)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe has a lot of potential. With a few tweaks, this was a seriously yummy meal! I, too, am always looking for new recipes to use canned salmon. This was quick, easy, and the finished product l..." See moreooked great. I had extra potatoes so I followed the other suggestions to use mashed potatoes instead of rice. I boiled two large baking potatoes, mashed them up with some sour cream and a bunch of seasoning ( 1 t of oregano, fresh ground black pepper, basil, thyme, parsley, plus a healthy kick of cayenne pepper!) I doubled the cheddar cheese and layered everything twice (bottom crust, mashed potato mix, sauteed onion mix, salmon, cheese, sauteed onion, salmon, potato, cheese, top crust). We could barely wait for the pie to cool before trying it since it smelled so good. My husband actually wiped the bowl clean with his finger-not normal behavior, believe me! Thanks for the inspiration!"
"I tried this recipe and loved it, and then tried making it with potatoes instead of rice, and used cream of asparagus soup...even better!..." See more"
"This recipe turned out great! I love the sauteed onions on top. I'm surprised that the recipe didn't specify this, but I definitely recommend using RED salmon - it's more costly for a reason! For t..." See morehose who prefer, 3-4 cups of mashed potatoes (not instant) can be substituted for the rice, and adding parsley, pepper, and a teaspoon of thyme or your favorite seasonings (Italian) add nicely. A great, tweakable recipe."
Just swipe to see more like this.