Fish Taquitos13 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“A seafood twist to a Mexican favorite; rolled taquitos made with shark. Serve with salsa, guacamole, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and sour cream. Enjoy!” - by Diana Garra
Original recipe yields 1 dozen
- Cut shark into strips 3/4 inch thick and 3 inches long. Mix canola oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and Cajun style spice mix in a plastic container. Place shark strips in container, and marinate for 1 hour.
- Warm tortillas in a microwave to make them pliable.
- Drain marinade, and pat shark dry with paper towels. Place a strip of shark at one end of a tortilla, roll tightly, and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer. Submerge taquitos in hot oil. Fry until golden brown, no more than 3 or 4 minutes each. Drain on paper towels.
- Place taquitos in a baking dish large enough to accommodate all twelve. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 642 cal
- 51.3 g
- 25.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"This was really yummy! As shark isn't too available here, I used salmon instead and added in chopped green onions before cooking. As I don't have a deep fryer (and prefer not to fry), I skipped that s..." See moretep and just baked them for about 15 minutes(until edges were brown and crispy) - worked perfectly and was still absolutely delicious. Thanks Diana!"
"OLA`...Just what I have been searching for! Great! I love Seafood Enchiladas and this hit the spot.....We use orange ruffy, it was wonderful!..." See more"
Beer Batter Fish Made Great
Just swipe to see more like this.