Lobster Salad with Red Devil Dressing6 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This recipe features lobster, the 'Queen of the Sea'. The intensity of the richness of lobster is only amplified by the unique taste of it's dressing. Laid on a bed of fresh salad greens, it's a great summertime luncheon meal.” - by LADOLCEVITA
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to broil. Position rack in the center of the oven. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Cut off top of garlic, place on a square of aluminum foil. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and sprinkle with a pinch of salt on top. Wrap in foil, and place on baking sheet. Prepare onion in the same manner.
- Place baking sheet in the center of the oven, and bake garlic and onion for 15 minutes. Place red bell peppers on sheet; broil for 15 minutes, turning to blacken all sides. Remove peppers only, and place in a brown paper bag. Place mushroom on baking sheet, and broil for 15 minutes. Remove mushroom, onion, and garlic from oven. Set vegetables aside until cool enough to handle.
- Peel and remove seeds from peppers; place in blender, discarding seeds and peel. Squeeze garlic and onion from skins; add to blender, discarding skins. Coarsely chop mushroom; add to blender along with remaining olive oil, lemon juice, fennel, ketchup, and vinegar. Blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- Place shredded lobster meat in the center of a large bed of salad greens. Pour dressing around lobster meat.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 449 cal
- 24.6 g
- 19.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"This was a smash hit at a special Father's Day picnic, but I did modify and clarify for myself a bit. I used a half sweet onion and it took a full hour to broil on high, the garlic 45 minutes. When to..." See more chop the mushroom was vague. I chopped before broiling and it broiled rapidly, 10-12 minutes was plenty. Once all was blended I added a bit of mayo for smoothness of texture, a bit of lemon juice and a dash of worcestershire. I dislike fennel so I left that out. This sauce looked gorgeous and extra kept well for use with other things. Prepare for rave reviews!"
"I was only making two servings of this but I made a full recipe of the dressing as I had a feeling it would be versatile & it was. It's really good over pasta too! Although next time, I think I will d..." See moreivide the dressing recipe after preparing it & add a bit more olive oil & maybe some vinegar to one half. The "dressing" is perfect as is for pasta but I think it would coat the lettuce leaves better if it weren't so thick. We used leftover grilled lobster, didn't shred it (it was cut in half lengthwise for visual appeal), garnished it w/ huge slivers of parmesan cheese (they added a lot!) & served it on the patio w/ a glass of pinot grigio. Great recipe...thansk! Forgot to add that you don't want to chop the mushroom before you roast...I did, according to the directions & they were pretty rubbery. Next time, I will roast, then chop."
Red Broccoli Salad
Beef Salad with Ginger Soy Dressing
Just swipe to see more like this.