Paella II4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“A tasty seafood dish you must try!” - by Dell
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- In a pot of lightly salted water, boil the mussels until they open. Drain, and discard unopened mussels. In a separate pot of lightly salted water, boil the prawns and squid until opaque, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Place chicken pieces in the skillet, fry them until they are golden brown. Remove the chicken pieces from the skillet and set aside.
- Place garlic, peppers and tomato cubes into the skillet that the chicken was just removed from. Fry the vegetables until they soften.
- Bring the fish stock and 3 cups salted water to a boil and mix in 3 cups rice, saffron and paprika. Bring to a boil again. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 50 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir the peas into the rice. Pour the rice mixture into a large serving dish. Arrange the fried vegetables, chicken, shellfish and prawns around the rice. Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 367 cal
- 6.2 g
- 52 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I replaced 1/2 cup water with white wine and soaked the saffron in it before adding (I learned this from a Spanish friend)-terrific!..." See more"
"I've made this a few times now, and learned one important lesson. Don't make this if you don't have the fresh tomatoes. The flavors did not come together without them. I recently made this with chi..." See morecken and no seafood, and liked it just as much. This dish is a favorite of my whole family, even my son who doesn't like rice - he once tried to order paella without the rice in a restaurant!"
Just swipe to see more like this.