Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole93 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“This was a favorite in my home growing up and now it's a favorite of my family as well. I double the recipe these days for my husband and three children. For a change of pace I add canned chopped green chilies and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, use pasta shells or spirals, or top the casserole with sliced American or cheddar cheese instead of breadcrumbs.” - by Becky Wergers
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil; place noodles in water and bring to boil again. Cook until al dente; drain well.
- While noodles are cooking saute in a medium size saucepan vegetable oil, onion, green and red bell peppers. Saute until tender.
- Pour soup, tuna, milk, salt and black pepper into the saucepan. Mix well over medium-low heat.
- Fold the noodles into the saucepan.
- Pour entire mixture into a 2 quart casserole. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the mixture. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until the top is crisp and golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 381 cal
- 12 g
- 49.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (93)Rate This Recipe
"Made this last night with a few changes. I used peas instead of green peppers, added 2 beaten eggs, 1/3 cup milk instead of 1/2, about 8 oz tuna instead of 6 oz., and I used "No-Yolks" noodles. I topp..." See moreed it with a little shredded sharp cheddar and three-cheese style bread crumbs. It was very tasty and I'll definitely make it again, except next time I'll add some plain, fat-free yogurt or sour cream to make it a little more saucy. My 3-yo literally gobbled it up. Thanks!"
"I really liked this one! A little on the dry side, so will put in 2 cans of soup next time. I also used the "fried" onions and pimento instead of cooking the onion and peppers. I put sliced american c..." See moreheese on top and the bread crumbs. YUMMY! So fast and easy to fix."
Tuna Noodle Casserole III
Tuna Noodle Casserole II
Just swipe to see more like this.