Tuna Noodle Casserole II417 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This is the old tried and true, 1950's style tuna noodle casserole we remember as kids. Uses ingredients most people have on hand, especially those broken chips at the bottom of the bag that nobody wants to eat. Got to have those chips on top to be real.” - by Chris Smith
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Boil pasta in lightly salted water for 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain well. Return the pasta to the pot it was cooked in.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Mix tuna with cream of mushroom soup, cream of celery soup, milk, salt, black pepper, and garlic in a medium saucepan. Place pan over medium low heat, and heat through. Alternatively, place these ingredients in a microwave safe dish, and warm in the microwave.
- Mix tuna mixture with pasta. Spread 1/2 of the noodles into the prepared dish. Arrange the cheese slices over the noodles, then spread the remaining noodle mixture over the cheese. Top with crushed potato chips.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes; cook until the casserole is hot, and the chips begin to brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 480 cal
- 16 g
- 57.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (417)Rate This Recipe
"This is a great basic tuna noodle recipe. However, I made a few changes I believe made it even better. First, I cooked the noodles a couple of minutes less than the package calls for, so after bakin..." See moreg they will not be overdone. I added a can of mushrooms, and an additional can of soup (either mushroom or celery) to make it creamier and it set up fine. I cut the salt down to 1/2 tsp. because there is salt in the potato chips and sodium in the soup. I figure eaters can always add, but cant take away. I also added 1 1/2 c. peas to the soup mixture at the same time as the noodles, being careful not to mash. I used Mozerella cheese instead of American. And the leftovers are even better! This is a keeper."
"Hi this is Chris and this is my recipe. We're thrilled so many people like it and add whatever items that suit your family's tastes. We use the 98% fat free soups, 2% milk, and shell macaroni because..." See more the sauce fills in the little cup shape. If we have fresh mushrooms we add a few. Couple Tbls fresh celery adds a nice texture. One son likes extra cheese so in one corner we put more there. Use the recipe as the base, add what you like, you can't go wrong."
"This recipe is fantastic. I made 3 changes though. Instead of American cheese, I used 8 oz of shredded Sharp cheddar, I used reduced calorie cream of chicken instead of cream of mushroom (my husband h..." See moreates mushrooms) and I cut the salt in half. To be honest, you could probably get rid of the salt entirely since tuna and cheese are both pretty salty. My boyfriend does not normally eat or enjoy "comfort food" LOVED this recipe. A++, 5 stars, a real winner!"
Campbell's Kitchen Tuna Noodle Casserole
Tuna Noodle Casserole from Scratch
Just swipe to see more like this.