Twice-Cooked Coconut Shrimp95 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Shrimp that are dipped in a scrumptious batter, rolled in coconut, fried, then baked. The dipping sauce is the clincher: marmalade, honey, hot sauce and mustard!” - by MARBALET
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Peel, devein and wash shrimp. Dry well on paper towels.
- Mix together flour, cornstarch, salt and white pepper. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and the ice water. Stir to blend.
- Pour the coconut into a shallow pan. Dip the shrimp one at a time into the batter, then roll the shrimp in the coconut. Once coated, place each shrimp into a frying pan of oil heated to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry the shrimp in the hot oil until lightly browned; about 4 minutes.
- Bake the fried shrimp in a preheated 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) oven for 5 minutes.
- Make the dipping sauce: combine marmalade, mustard, honey and hot sauce in a small bowl. Mix well. Serve the shrimp and dipping sauce side by side.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 602 cal
- 28.2 g
- 63.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (95)Rate This Recipe
"I am the kitchen master at one of the largest and most popular places in the Lansing/East Lansing area. We serve a house prepared version of coconut-shrimp that falls behind this recipe in preparation..." See more and taste. At home this will be the one I use from now on. Thank you for your submission Holly."
"I love coconut shrimp and this recipe is absolutely wonderful. I tend to not use as much water so the batter is a bit thicker and I also mix in some flour with the coconut so it sticks better. As fo..." See morer the dipping sauce, I use pepper jelly and cut down on the mustard a bit. It is amazing."
"The shrimp was way over cooked. Will stick to my regular proceedure; one box of tempura mix, prepared as directed, dip shrimp in tempura batter, roll in coconut, coating well, drop into hot oil, (dee..." See morep fryer on highest heat), also, do not put in the fryer basket, leave basket on the bottom of the fryer until shrimp is ready to remove, cook 4 minutes, drain on rack with paper towel under the rack, stays very crispy and shrimp is very tender. The hot oil will help keep the coconut on the shrimp. Dipping sauce was very good!"
Coconut Shrimp I
Baked Coconut Shrimp
Just swipe to see more like this.