Hot Clam Dip I14 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Yummy hot clam dip. The clams aren't that noticeable, even for someone like me who is not a clam person. Delicious served on crackers.” - by Luann Charity
Original recipe yields 8 to 10 appetizer servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine minced clams and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a medium-size saucepan, combine butter, onion, green bell pepper, parsley, oregano, hot sauce, and red pepper. Stir vegetables over a medium-low heat until butter or margarine is melted. Mix in the clams and breadcrumbs.
- Pour mixture into an ovenproof baking dish and top with 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 209 cal
- 13.5 g
- 8.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"This dip is great and I've made it several times. Even though I make a couple of changes and call it clams casino dip, the rest of the recipe is the same. First, I always double this recipe. I also do..." See moren't use the cheese. Instead I add one of the cans of clams with it's juice so it's not to dry. Next I add 3 - 6 slices of raw bacon cut very small, (it's best to do this when the bacon's frozen), which cooks completely during the alloted time. I also use a small jar of pimentos, minced, for color. Hope you enjoy."
"I made this today for a baby shower...it was the first time I made it. It went over real well, everyone liked it. I served it with Ritz Chips (they are sooo good)! This reminded me very much of Clams..." See more Casino or stuffed clams minus the clam shell. It also looked exactly like turkey stuffing! The only thing I plan to change is to reduce the butter...it was swimming in it. The butter made it moist, but a little clam juice in place of the butter may work. It took me a lot longer than 5 minutes to prep...(I can't even make scrambled eggs that fast!)...I hand minced my veggies, it took me about 25 minutes. Overall very good and I will be making this appetizer again!"
Hot Clam Dip II
Martha's Clam Dip
Just swipe to see more like this.