Sydney's Squash6 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This recipe takes some prep time but it is worth it. Delicious!!” - by Mary48
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large pot of salted water, boil squash and onions until tender.
- In a saucepan, combine butter or margarine and cream; stir constantly over a low heat. Mix in cheese, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Stir until sauce thickens.
- Place squash and onions in a 2-quart baking dish. Mix in shrimp and cheese sauce. Sprinkle casserole with cracker crumbs.
- Bake uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes or until hot.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 301 cal
- 23.2 g
- 12.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent! I used milk instead of cream, and grated cheddar instead of American, and saltines rather than Ritz crackers, and it was really good. Try adding more milk to create a salsa and pour it ove..." See morer grilled or sauteed fish filets. Or create a roux with butter and garlic, add flour, then thin with milk and add leftover squash casserole, add crabmeat (the fake stuff worked fine) and serve over angel hair pasta. Really versatile."
"Very good and a extremely nice change from the same old same old. I used larger shrimp and just chopped them into small bite size pieces (just b/c I prefer the taste and texture). Turned out great, ..." See moreand is now a family tradition at Thanksgiving!"
Cream Cheese Basil Summer Squash
Just swipe to see more like this.