Paella III13 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“Delicious paella! You could add additional crab, scallops and mussels if you would like. Place them into the casserole dish during step #5.” - by Jenny
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Dredge the chicken in flour and salt and pepper. In a large skillet, fry the chicken in 1/4 cup olive oil until brown and crispy. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown chorizo sausage. Set aside.
- Place 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet and fry onion and garlic until onions are tender. Add chopped tomatoes and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Add rice to the skillet and mix well. This glazes the rice.
- Put rice mixture, chicken, and sausage in large covered casserole dish. Add can of clams, peas, saffron, chicken broth and shrimp. Cover casserole dish.
- Bake until all the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. You may need to add more broth if rice is not done.
- Arrange clams and mussels on top of rice and bake for another 10 minutes. Before serving, discard any clams that do not open.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 1138 cal
- 45.4 g
- 96.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"Served this recipe to a monthly dinner group and it was a hit! Recipe was easy to follow. Be prepared, this makes a good hearty serving and filled up a casserole dish easily to the top.I substituted 1..." See more cup of clam juice with the chicken broth and it kept it moist. Will definitely serve again!"
"AAbsolutely superb. I added scallops, mussels and more clams to the recipe. It was an instant hit!..." See more"
Just swipe to see more like this.