Seafarer's Newburg1 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“Shrimp in a creamy white sauce served over tater tots. Yum!” - by CHRISTYJ
Original recipe yields 4 to 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (225 degrees C). Arrange tater tots on a baking sheet.
- Bake tater tots 15 to 17 minutes, or until crispy and heated through.
- In a medium size skillet, heat butter over a medium heat. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually stir in milk, sherry, and soup. Stir constantly until sauce is thickened and smooth; 3 minutes.
- Stir shrimp, celery, and cheese into the sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil; stirring often.
- Serve the sauce over the hot tater tots.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 418 cal
- 25.4 g
- 36.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Who would have thought to put shrimp sauce over tator tots? Well hats off to whoever came up with it. I had to look up Newburg, and I learned that it is a creamy sauce and this sauce in the recipe i..." See mores very tasty. I did add just a couple of extras. I added some green onion because when I got the celery out, well there was the green onion right next to it, just starring at me. So I grabbed it and the roasted garlic also. Added a little pepper also. I was concerned about the 4 oz of shrimp. I just like more meat than that, but it seems to be just fine. This was so simple, so quick, and so tasty. We really enjoyed this, and you just can't beat how quick and easy it comes together."
Easy Seafood Fettucini
Just swipe to see more like this.