Spicy Cranberry Pecan Cornbread Stuffing6 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This is a cornbread stuffing with jalapenos, cranberries, bacon, and pecans. I cooked up this recipe while living in Texas. I serve it with turkey but I have also stuffed it in apples and cooked them in a crock pot to serve with pork loin for Christmas dinner. This recipe makes the house smell fantastic!” - by rhondarella
Original recipe yields 12 cups
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the bacon in the skillet until crispy. Lie the cooked bacon on a plate lined with paper towels to drain and cool; crumble the bacon.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the celery, garlic, and onion in the hot butter until the onion begins to caramelize; pour the wine into the skillet. When the wine is heated, stir in the cranberry sauce, jalapeno peppers, and green chile peppers. Cover the mixture and cook until boiling. Remove from heat and stir in the bacon and pecans.
- Place the stuffing mix in a large bowl. Pour the liquid mixture and the chicken stock over the stuffing mix; stir until completely moist. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until browned on top, about 35 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 507 cal
- 20.3 g
- 68.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"I thought it was a very tasty stuffing. I didn't use all the hot peppers called for since I had guests that don't like hot foods, but the flavor was really good. I also used hazelnuts instead of the..." See more pecans and it turned out nice."
"I just made this for Thanksgiving today. Huge hit with all my guests! I did make a few changes, pork sausage instead of bacon and I made the cornbread instead of using bagged. The flavors in this are ..." See moreso great (I never would have thought to put them all together) I will be using the base of this recipe for a chicken dish very soon."
"Loved this! As did everyone at our Thanksgiving dinner! The mingling of flavors (bacon, cranberries, jalapeños, chilis and chicken stock) and textures (pecans, cornbread stuffing, and bacon) was a ve..." See moreritable party in my mouth! I only used one 14 oz bag of cornbread stuffing and this filled up my oval shaped 13 x 9 pan. Also, after it was done cooking, I poured several large spoonfuls of gravy over the top. That really helped it be more flavorful and more moist."
Apple Pecan Cornbread Dressing
Just swipe to see more like this.